The Flagler Beach Library is a City of Flagler Beach owned and operated library and is not affiliated with the Flagler County Library system. The library location is ideal for everyone in the family. We are located near one of the entrances of the Betty Steflik Memorial Preserve Walkway.
The city’s Wickline Park is to the rear of our building, which includes picnic areas, basketball, volleyball and tennis courts, as well as a playground.
Tuesday 1:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Wednesday 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Thursday 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Friday 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Saturday 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
PICK-UP service is available for those who prefer it. Check out will take place on the date of order, to be picked up that day.
Please check out our *online catalog to see the latest books available at the library!
(*The online catalog is a work in progress. Please understand that some sections have not been entered yet, and feel free to ask if there is something you can't find.)
Our new book list is updated every week.
- NO DONATED BOOKS CAN BE ACCEPTED AT THIS TIME, BUT SHOPPERS ARE WELCOME IN THE LIBRARY
- PLEASE NO VISITORS UNDER 13 WITHOUT A PARENT OR GUARDIAN
NO FOOD OR DRINKS IN THE LIBRARY (THIS INCLUDES WATER BOTTLES)
ALL LARGE BAGS, PURSES & BACKPACKS ARE SUBJECT TO INSPECTION BEFORE EXITING THE LIBRARY
Kid’s Book Club
Starting at the Flagler Beach Library July 12th, 2022
To meet the 2nd Tuesday of the month at 3PM
- For Chapter Book level Readers (ex: Diary of a Wimpy Kid; The Last Kids on Earth series)
- First meeting to discuss the Club: reading selections, frequency of meetings
Try our link to the FLORIDA ELECTRONIC LIBRARY
**Fines were reinstated as of December 1st, 2020
(see FEES for more information)
Everyone is invited to borrow a book from the “Little Free Library” out front. Located on the sidewalk, it is always stocked with Fiction, Non-Fiction, Paperbacks, and Children’s books.
Another option for card holders of the Flagler Beach Library is accessing digital and audio books from the Axis360 App!
- Book Delivery: If you are home-bound, call the Library to arrange for a delivery (386) 517-2030.
- WIFI is available within the perimeter of the building during business hours. No password is needed.
- Copying and Scanning Services are available. Bring the information to the front door and the Librarians will make your copies or scan the information in for you. Copies are .15 a page for black and white and $1 a page for color. Scanning: .50 first page or per email address (if more than one) and .25 a page thereafter.
Our new book list is updated every week.
Our Reading Room hosts a number of Local Groups throughout the Month.
- Every Wednesday @ 10:15 a.m.
- Bring your project for Knitting and Conversation. (Not a Lesson format)
Quilting and Sewing Group:
- 2nd and 4th Friday of the Month @ 10:15 a.m.
- Bring your project, your sewing machine and your conversation.
(Not a Lesson format.)
- 1st Wednesday of the Month 1:00 PM
- 2nd Tuesday of the Month 5:00 PM
Flagler Beach Writers:
- 1st and 3rd Tuesday of the Month 5:00 PM
Story Time for Preschoolers:
- 1st and 3rd Thursday of the month 11:00 - 11:30 a.m.
- Join us for stories and songs with Miss Doris
Call or inquire at the Library for more information
Overdue fines shall be collected as follows:
- Adult books: .20 per item/per day
- Juvenile books: .10 per item/per day
An item is considered late if it is turned in after closing.
Books which are returned in a condition which disallows future borrowing will require replacement of the item by one of two ways:
- By paying the Library the cost of replacing the book.
- By bringing in a replacement copy, purchased by the Patron, to be in Very Good or New condition.
FREE to Flagler Beach Residents (WITHIN CITY LIMITS) with Required Residence verification
GUEST MEMBERSHIP FEE SCHEDULE:
- Flagler Beach Postal Address (32136/OUTSIDE CITY LIMITS) $20/year
- Flagler County Residents $25/year
- Volusia County Residents $30/year
- Non-Resident Temporary Card (with Proof of 2 month or more stay) $30/6 months
PLEASE NOTE: There are NO AUTOMATIC RENEWALS.
You must call 386-517-2030 or email to renew your books.